cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lartho
Level 3

Web Interface works, Wizard not

I create an update for our product.
It works when I call the "pAgent.DisplayMessages ("{DF8522EE-7B49-40DB-A79E-A62C2AFE9234}") method within my application.
It opens the web interface and show me the available updates.
But we don´t want to use the web interface.

If I call pAgent.AppUpdate "{DF8522EE-7B49-40DB-A79E-A62C2AFE9234}", AppMenu the wizard opens and says that there are no updates available.

What did I wrong? Can anyone help me please.
Thanks
LT
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Sunny_s
Level 6

DisplayMessage launches Web interface only. Web interface is launched even when there are no messages or updates.

AppUpdate is capable of displaying wizard or Web interface based on your setting set during End User UI section of publisher portal (https://services.installshield.com)

Can you confirm when you use DisplayMessages () do you see any messages or updates ?

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos
lartho
Level 3

The web interface shows me the update and i can download and install it.

Before I call DisplayMessage or AppUpdate, I used HasMessages to find out
if there are any Updates or Messages. ( it returned true ).

So I´m wondering why the wizard doesn´t found any updates ?
Can you give me an hint, please?

Thanks,
LT
0 Kudos
lartho
Level 3

I had to add a reference to the UpdateService type library.

Now the wizard shows me the available updates.

Thanks,
LT
0 Kudos
Sunny_s
Level 6

Good that you have solved the problem. Let me summarize what happened for others.

Since type library information was not known to VB, VB tried to think that AppMenu is a local Dim variable and assigned it value 0 and passed it to AppUpdate. AppUpdate in turn thought that you are using undefined mode and hence the behavior.

In future either

a) Use type information so that VB runtime know that AppMenu is not a variable but a Type

b) Use Option Explicit so that VB will error out in case you have not defined AppMenu

c) Use Value of AppMenu which I think is 8

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos