cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Warning: Product Code and Version have already been registered.

:confused: When clicking the Is Product/Version Registered Ellipsis button from InstallShield Developer 8, I get a "Warning: Product Code and Version have already been registered." error.

The error detail is "This Product Code and Version have already been registered in this Update Service account. Note that the Update Service only uses the major.minor portion of the version string. If you require the Update Service to use the entire version string, please see the Update Service help for details on overriding that default behavior."

Both versions are 1.9.0.x so I need to use the entire version string. However, I cannot find anything in the help that shows how to do this. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

You need to do two things:

1. Register the full version string on the ISUS Publisher website. You'll have to do this manually - not via the Developer Elipsis.

http://services.installshield.com/home/login.asp

After login go to the product center and update your versions to use the full version string (not just major.minor)

2. In your installation, you need to tell the ISUS to use the full version string (not just major.minor). To do this, go to the ISUS property sheet. There is a property called used default version. Override this by entering your full version sting in the text area below the property sheet. After you type the version you want the ISUS to use, the property sheet value will change to 'no'. Going forward, be sure to always set this property to your new product version.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

That did it! Thanks for the help.

It would be nice if this information was in the help file. Also, I never thought to even look at the "Use Default Project Version" setting because it is always grayed out. Not too fond of the design choice to provide access to a setting by clicking a disabled control...

Other than that the Update Service is really cool!
0 Kudos