cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Updates are downloading but there aren't any!

My users are not reporting that when exiting my application they are getting prompted to install an update! They have the newer version installed which does NOT have any updates published for it!

My VB code is:

Private Sub CheckISUS()
On Error Resume Next

Dim allowAutoUpdate As Boolean
allowAutoUpdate = GetSetting(App.Title, "AutoUpdate", "Enabled", True)

If Not allowAutoUpdate Then Exit Sub

Dim i As Integer

If Len(ProductCode) > 3 Then
Set UpdateAgent = New Agent

If UpdateAgent.IsConnected Then
Set UpdateCollection = UpdateAgent.EnumUpdates(ProductCode)

If Not UpdateCollection Is Nothing Then

For i = 1 To UpdateCollection.Count
Set UpdateInstance = UpdateCollection.Item(i)

If UpdateInstance.IsSoftwareUpdate Then

If UpdateInstance.IsNextUse Then
If (UpdateInstance.Download(True) = True) Then
ISUSUpdateReady = True
End If
End If

End If

Next

End If

End If
End If

End Sub

I do have a message posted, but that shouldn't be causing this unless there is a bug in the system! I wanted to purge all the INACTIVE updates in case they were causing a problem but I don't see any way of removing inactive updates, there is no DELETE functionality!
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Sunny_s
Level 6

If I understand issue correctly that your customers are getting prompted of updates when there are no updates published for a particular product code.

I will be glad to help you, please send through private email or through this post product code and version in question.

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

PM'd you the info. I wonder if a prior update is in the queue with UM that should be removed when the new version is installed? Not sure...it's odd, and I've received about 5 of these cases this week, but none prior to this week.
0 Kudos
Sunny_s
Level 6

I tried productcode and version you sent me, I see only on non-update message. Now, we need to make sure that your code is using same productcode and version.

1. Can you send me .ini file from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\InstallShield\UpdateService\Database directory.

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Sunny,

What's the verdict on this? I sent you all the requested files.
0 Kudos
Sunny_s
Level 6

I have PMed you my response.

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Got your response. Now I want to know why the ini file is not reflecting the latest version published. You stated the ini file shows 1.965 when the latest and published release is 1.980.

The other piece Sunny is that there are NO updates registered for this product! Regardless of what version is in the ini file, there are NO UPDATES published for this product, only one MESSAGE.
0 Kudos