cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

UpdateServiceSetHost

If I have Update Service On-Site Deployment how and when do I direct your end users' runtimes to my local Notification Server.

The help library tell you what you should do when using Developer 7 but Version 7 Service Pack 1 and Later I'm told to use the UpdateServiceSetHost function and get details from the InstallShield Professional Help Library.

I can't find any information UpdateServiceSetHost.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

You should be able to find the syntax for the function if you do an index search in the Professional 7.01 help library. In any case, I cut/paste for your convenience below....

--------------

Syntax

UpdateServiceSetHost (szProductCode, szHostURL);

Description

The UpdateServiceSetHost function sets the host to which the target machine's InstallShield Update Service Agent connects. (By default, the target machine's Update Service Agent connects to an InstallShield Software Corporation host; the latest version of the Update Service allows self-hosting. For details, see the Update Service help.)

Parameters

szProductCode
Specifies the product code of the product to be checked for updates. To use the value of the system variable PRODUCT_GUID as the product code, pass a null string ("") in this parameter.
szHostURL
Specifies the uniform resource locator (URL) of the desired host machine.

Comments

You must call UpdateServiceRegisterProduct before calling UpdateServiceSetHost, and you must pass the same product code to UpdateServiceSetHost that you passed to UpdateServiceRegisterProduct.

UpdateServiceRegisterProduct is called in InstallShield Update Service-enabled setups by the default code for the OnMoveData event handler function.
0 Kudos