cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
workhorse
Level 2

Update Service quits

When I test the running of the update on my machine, I can run the update... I get the dialog that the file is downloaded, then windows installer is launched with the dialogs I would expect.

When any other user runs the update on their machines, they get the download screen and the download completes. Windows installer is never launched and they never see any of the dialogs. its as if the application abends right after the download.

What is going wrong? Does anybody know?

When I have the user run the update without using the Update Service it completes fine.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
workhorse
Level 2

I contacted tech support and found that the object module for the update service distributed with InstallShield Developer 8 SP2 was verion 1.2. The latest version for this is 2.2.

I couldn't find this anywhere on the web site nor could I find a report of this bug I was experiencing, but if you contact Installshield they will email you a new version of ISUS.MSM.

Very frustrating, but its resolved now. Seems like no one else was having this problem either.
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

The latest runtime is always availble from the home page of the Publisher website - via the SDK install. When you install the SDK, it will also update your runtime files (MSM, object).

Sorry if we didn't make that clear.
0 Kudos