cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsknowles
Level 4

Update Service Validation Errors: ICE43 ICE57

I have included the Update Service in my 10.5 SP1 Basic MSI project. Now when I perform a Full MSI Validation I receive two Update Service related validation errors.

ICE43 Error Component isuspm.exe.C3A146F5_4B48_11D5_A819_00B0D0428C0C has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file. http://dartools/iceman/ice43.html Component Attributes isuspm.exe.C3A146F5_4B48_11D5_A819_00B0D0428C0C
ICE57 Error Component 'isuspm.exe.C3A146F5_4B48_11D5_A819_00B0D0428C0C' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath. http://dartools/iceman/ice57.html Component Component isuspm.exe.C3A146F5_4B48_11D5_A819_00B0D0428C0C
Has anyone else experienced this issue? And is there a resolution?
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
ggreig
Level 2

I am also experiencing this issue.
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

1. Go to the Redistributables View of InstallShield 10.5.
2. Select the "Update Service" mergemodule.
3. Now look in the panel on the right (that displays file information).

What is the version of agent.exe that is displayed?
0 Kudos
ggreig
Level 2

Agent.exe is version 4.0.100.1311.
0 Kudos
rsknowles
Level 4

agent.exe version: 4.0.100.1311
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

We fixed this in the 4.1 merge module. You can download the 4.1 SDK from the Publisher website's "Start Page". This should fix the problem.
0 Kudos
rsknowles
Level 4

What is the Publisher's website start page? I do not find that link in the InstallShield 10.5 IDE and when I login to the Update Service it states that the latest release is version 4 from 11/17/2004.
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

when I login to the Update Service it states that the latest release is version 4 from 11/17/2004.

That text will be updated shortly. The link however points to the 4.1 SDK :).
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Agree, very confusing and insufficient info: When you login you see this in the InstallShield hosted site:

Latest Runtime Resources
Version: 4
Released: 11/17/2004

Windows SDK and Runtime

Universal SDK and Runtime

Release Notes

How do we get 4.1 and the latest SDK's NOW!
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Okay, once again a failure on InstallShield's part to keep us informed.

Download the SDK from the Update Service portal regardless of the fact it says version "4" it's actually "4.10.blahblahblah".

Okay, we are just about up to the point of "I've had enough of this!" Planning for cancellation of Update Service!
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Ask and you shall receive. I was in the process of updating the pages when you were typing this. When you log in again, you'll see the change reflected.

KellyF

neal007 wrote:
Agree, very confusing and insufficient info: When you login you see this in the InstallShield hosted site:

Latest Runtime Resources
Version: 4
Released: 11/17/2004

Windows SDK and Runtime

Universal SDK and Runtime

Release Notes

How do we get 4.1 and the latest SDK's NOW!
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

I ASK that whenever there is an update to the Update Service SDK that I receive an E-MAIL as a subscriber notifying me of the new SDK. Isn't the theory behind the update service to "push" information to customers and not make customers come check for information? Same thing...either send me a ISUS message or better yet, faster, send me an e-mail as a subscriber that this update is immediately available. These issues are critical and we cannot go hunting for this stuff! Time is money and this update service is costing A LOT of money!
0 Kudos
rsknowles
Level 4

Is there some mechanism that will allow me/others to be notified of when the SDK is updated and what fixes/enhancements are included?
0 Kudos
russellperry
Level 3

I am recieving the same ICE57's on both agent.exe and ISDM.exe for version 4.6 of the update service SDK. What am I to do about this? Would 4.1 fix the problem, and can I still get it?
0 Kudos