cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afeiler
Level 3

UI is english instead of german

Hello

I think, I have found a bug within the new Update Service 4, but I am not sure.
My problem is that I have installed my product with Installshield Pro 6.1 by setting all options correctly for the IUS-plugin 4.0. Esp. the langauge is set with "1031" (german):

// Code Example
set oObjectUpdate = GetObject("Update Service 1");
oObjectUpdate.ProductCode = PRODUCT_GUID;
oObjectUpdate.ProductVersion = @PRODUCT_VERSION;
oObjectUpdate.ScheduleInterval = 30;
oObjectUpdate.Language = "1031";
oObjectUpdate.UpdateManager = FALSE;

Furthermore, I added a new Update on the Admin site of IUS and set this new Update available for "german".

Now, when I want to preview the update message, so I set the correct product, the installed version, the langauage "german" and the option "when the user selects a menu or shortcut" and click on the button "preview". Then the Internet Explorer window open, and I get the correct new update, ready to download. But my problem is, that all the text on the UI is still in english instead of german except the installation text I entered by adding the new update.

So, can anyone help me with my problem?

Big thx!

Greets,
Alex
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Chandima
Level 7

This could be a just a problem with the Preview page. Please try the following and let me know what happens:

1. Go to a machine that has the Update Service installed.
2. Create a batch file (.bat) with the following:

SET PRODID={4C51CEC9-0000-11D5-9242-006097DF5F91}
SET PRODVER=1.00
SET LANG=1031

c:
cd C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Instal~1\Update~1
agent.exe /r%PRODID%,%PRODVER%
agent.exe /l%PRODID% /%LANG%
agent.exe /au%PRODID% -AppMenu

(replace the value of PRODID and PRODVER with details corresponding to your application)

3. Run the batch file.

Questions:
1. Does this show your update?
2. If it does, is the UI English?
3. If not (if it says "No updates Found") is the UI English?
0 Kudos
afeiler
Level 3

Hello

The Update is still shown after starting the batch file.
And the UI is still in english.

The batch file has the following code:

SET PRODID= (censored)
SET PRODVER=2.5.1
SET LANG=1031

c:
cd c:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\InstallShield\UpdateService\
agent.exe /r%PRODID%,%PRODVER%
agent.exe /l%PRODID% /%LANG%
agent.exe /au%PRODID% -AppMenu
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

I am able to reproduce this with the information you provided. Thank you very much for that. We will look in to this ASAP. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

This was fixed on Server last night. Please let me know if you still experience the problem. Thanks!
0 Kudos
afeiler
Level 3

Thank you very much. The problem is solved. The UI is german now.
But I have only one thing: The product name isn't shown correctly on the welcome site. The product name is "HN:AS 2.6.1", but only "HN" is shown. Maybe there is a problem with the ":"?

Greets,
afeiler
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

Interesting. I shall look in to this! Thanks for pointing that out too :o! I created work order 1-1416Q0 to track this issue.
0 Kudos
jtnprogram
Level 3

Chandima, the UI should display in the language specified by Installshield correct? So I won't have to run this batch on client machines?
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

Yes that is correct. The UI will display in whatever language the installer sets. The problem you saw was a server side issue.
0 Kudos