cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRCInfoSys
Level 4

Script Error

We have many clients, but not all, that are receiving this error when trying to bring up the Update manager. If they click yes it just sits on the screen where it is checking for updates.
Has anyone seen this before?
I can't find any simalarities between the clients that get this.

I've found that if they reboot their computer and then bring up the update manager they are able to get to the list of udpdates. This is not a good solution.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

I can't say that I've ever seen that.... If you haven't done so already, I'd encourage you to submit this to the support folks as they may have seen something like this before. And it's something that is happening, but a reboot will clear it? No particular time of day similarities, or anything?

Don't forget, you could enable the agent tracing registry setting to see what the agent is doing at the time that they are not seeing the updates. It's a start.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
CRCInfoSys
Level 4

I've got a support issue in, but so far they do not have an answer. Unfortunatly, they have never seen this error before. It's very frustrating since everyone of our clients is having this issue. From what I can tell, the agent gets stuck and can't be closed. So, the reboot clears it out. Right after a reboot the update manager works fine, but you wait until later in the day it no longer works. I've tried the tracing, but when the error occurs, no log file is created.
0 Kudos
sks2004
Level 4

How do you enable Agent tracing?

Thanks
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I assume that you're referring to the windows agent, so you'd create a DWORD in the registry.... for example save the item below as .reg file and import it. You'll then have a c:\ISUSTrace.txt with debug info.

-----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Update Service\Trace]
"Class"=dword:ffffffff
----------
0 Kudos