cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugar_k
Level 4

Profile Manager "Bug"/Limitation with "="

Hi All,

I'm adding data in Profiles for our products, and while viewing the profiles on our FLEXnet server, I seemed to have discovered a limitation with field values. If there is an "=" sign in the data, all proceeding data of that field is cut off. Has anyone else faced this problem and/or found a way around this?

I'm guessing the ProfileManager parser only expects "=" signs for denoting field assignments and does not handle "=" in the data. I expect this to be more of a bug/missed corner case than an actual limitation. Any clarifications on this would be helpful. Thanks.
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Not applicable

Because the profile data is stored in an INI file, you should be able to write this information out if you escape it in the style of \=. Otherwise, the INI file format will interpret the equal sign as a possible name/value pair.
0 Kudos
ugar_k
Level 4

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually tried that before, but just in case I used the wrong direction slash, I tried it again with both forward and back slash and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that didn't work for you. Regrettably, it looks like this is a bug related to the parsing of these INI files.

I looked at it a bit further and it looks like there's, unfortunately, no real workaround for this issue.

I have created a workorder IOC-000080148 for us to further investigate this issue for a future release of FNC. Sorry for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

If I do happen to come upon a workaround later, I will post on this thread.
0 Kudos
ugar_k
Level 4

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your quick replies. Our current implementation isn't effected in any way. I was looking into extending the use of profiles when I came across this (adding HTML code as values). I'll keep an eye out any future replies. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

How are you looking to use HTML code in the profile values? It might be more useful for us if we had something more specific than the previous request if you wanted to use HTML. It's possible there's a level of service FNC could provide that it does not now ( aside from the previous Issue ).
0 Kudos
ugar_k
Level 4

Hi Bryan,

Well, we have a certain value in the profile that's like a bitmap, and I am looking into representing the bitmap as an HTML Table (decoding each bit). This can currently be done, but defining the attributes of a tag can't be.
0 Kudos