cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Cieslicki
Level 4

Problems with displaying French characters

When I tried to include some French text in the Latest Release description I got what it looked as Chinese/Japaneese characters on the web. See enclosed file.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hlogmans
Level 6

Some problem here for dutch, only if the user forces his page-language to the correct language, all displays fine.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

The same problem here for chinese, any Chinese characters can't display correctly. I wonder if there some patch can correct it or I have to wait for the next release.
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Our understanding is that for this to work properly, our runtime page needs to set a tag for IE to tell IE what language is being displayed. However with the current release, we don't know what language is being displayed. To do that, we will need to capture the language on the Publisher website and pass that into the runtime page. This is why it displays correctly when the user forces IE to display the correct language.

This isn't something that can be added quickly in a patch. We will be implementing full language support in the next release of the Update Service.
0 Kudos