cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmileusnic
Level 3

Problem with croatian characters

Hi,

I am using update manager, and instead of croatian characters I see some other characters.

Do you know how to solve that?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hello bmileusnic,

First and foremost, I have to ask if you've submitted your issue to our support folks, and if you did, could you PM me your request number? I would like to follow up with the support folks to see if this is related to only Croatian language.

Secondly, are you seeing everything in Update Manager in strange characters or just a few words? Is your client machine set to Croatian (codepage 1050 I think)? Are you using the Windows UM or Universal UM?

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
bmileusnic
Level 3

I haven't written to support.
Some characters are OK, and some aren't.
Now I am checking and it look like that only č & ć & đ are not seen. Instead I see letter a and instead of letter Đ I see ?. Down there are those characters.

V /
C C D ( Č & Ć & Đ ) with

Code page is 1250 not 1050. Maybe the other one is for chech republic.

I don't know how to check if I have Windows or Universa UM. I suppose I have Windows UM.

I made installation with Installshield 11, and check update service. I registered application to update service with it.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the translated text or something else that's affecting the UM. Please submit a request to the support staff (http://esupport.macrovision.com/) so that this can be tracked. They'll probably ask for your product code and/or update service login so they can evaluate.

PM me with the request number when you do so. I'm not the greatest with the client-side of the world, but I can possibly work with them to determine if it's in the client or the server or something else.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
bmileusnic
Level 3

Oa-000035306
0 Kudos