cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrentL
Level 3

Problem downloading - Object doesn't support property or method

I'm a beginner with InstallShield and Flexnet Connect, having taken over a legacy software package from predecessors.

One of our customers is trying to download the latest version of our app through the Update Manager. When clicking either "Download only" or "Install", a message appears saying something like, "object doesn't support this property or method.' File: c\program files\common files\installshield\update service\ui\getall.htm."

This is on Windows Server 2003 with IE 6.0.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't even know where to begin.

Thanks,
Trent
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TrentL
Level 3

Ok, research has revealed the error to be occurring on line 99 in getall.htm, which is:

Basket.Iam(4660);

I traced the Basket object to class id E9880553-B8A7-4960-A668-95C68BED571E, which in turn led me to the file isusweb.dll. It turns out the customer's computer has an old version of that file, dated 10 Jun 2005. I have a strong feeling we can fix this problem by updating that file, or perhaps the entire Update Manager.

But how do we do that? I've searched and searched for links to download and/or install the Update Service (without having to run our own app's installer again), but haven't had luck. All I've found is a link on consumer.installshield.com from 2004.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Trent
0 Kudos