cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodn1
Level 4

Multiple Update Service's on development pc

I am just starting to use the Update Service with InstallShield 10.5. It seems like the development pc has two versions of Update Service/Update Manager installed. One is version 3 and the other is 4. The installation package we are creating needs to use version 4, but it ends up using version 3. The version 3 and 4 are located in the following folders,

Location of version 3: C:\Program Files\Installshield 10.5 StandaloneBuild\Redist\Update Service

Location of version 4: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService

My question is how do I point the InstallShield to pick the right Update Service version?

-Vinod
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rchand445
Level 5

The installshield 10.5 IDE should be referencing the update service merge module ISUS.msm located in C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\objects

If you are building releases using the standalone build module, then you should copy 4.0's version of isus.msm to C:\Program Files\Installshield 10.5 StandaloneBuild.
0 Kudos
vinodn1
Level 4

Is there any other way I can add the update service to the installation apart from using isus.msm? I dont have the Update Service CD at the moment, can I download the isus.msm from somewhere?

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
rchand445
Level 5

The only place that I know of is the Update Service SDK - you'll need to check with Installshield support to see if they can provide a url to download the merge module.
0 Kudos