cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

I can't report bugs. Macrovision eService won't give me an account

I ran into 2 more bugs today, and I thought I'd try to report them.

So I signed up again for Macrovision eService. I tried singing up Sunday. I finally got a response back today.

Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting Macrovision Technical Support.

Our records indicate that you do not have a valid Macrovision
maintenance plan. As a result, we cannot issue you an eService login at
this time.

To purchase a maintenance plan, please contact a sales consultant:
So, in order for me to report bugs the official way, I will need to pay Macrovision for a maintenance plan. Of course, I'm not going to buy a maintenance plan solely to report bugs (on our company's dime, no less).

Any ideas on what can be done now? Will I never be able to let the developers know of the bugs I run into? Will some alternate bug reporting method be set up?
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hi Brad,

:eek: As a customer of other companies, I have so many things I'd like to say about that, but I'll bite my tongue. Whether it's a bug in their implementation as a part of growing pains, or not, it still is unfortunate. My apologies for the difficulties there...

If you still want to report them, you can submit them through the feedback mechanism (include a message so they can send me a note and I'll see if I can transfer things... this is only short-term), otherwise you can PM them to me and I'll see if I cannot get them in front of some support eyeballs.

If it's not too much trouble, could you PM me your serial number or other info (your email address, your US login, etc) that they'd have on file so I can dig into why you received that message? I'm buried with work at the moment, so I ask patience as it may take a few days to sort through with the business folks.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

KellyF wrote:
Hi Brad,
:eek:
Haha, no need to apologize, that explains enough.

I'll send you a private message with my email address and some basic company info. If you can research that, then we will know better what to do.
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Brad,

ALL update service subscribers get maintenance with the subscription. It's not a product, it is a subscription and I was told that support was included and it always has been. That's what you need to resolve, why you, a current ISUS subscriber do not have access to the support system when you should.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Absolutely correct. I had been notified that Brad has been validated for an account (he should've already received the account info). The admin didn't explain what may have gone wrong in his case in the conversion between systems, but did assure me it's being checked into.

For anyone else who experiences this... if you're a current subscriber for Update Service and get rejected for an eService account, let them know that you do have a valid subscription. They're looking into the disconnect, but also realize that US users should get an account.

Kelly

neal007 wrote:
ALL update service subscribers get maintenance with the subscription.
0 Kudos
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

Yes, I got an eService account.

On a side note, what is the extent of our Update Service maintenance plan. Unlimited bug reports? Phone tech support?
0 Kudos