cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robysk8
Level 3

General Information Request

Hi everyone,

My company needs an Update Service solution for our products and I'm the one in charge of looking at and testing FLEXnet Connect.

We make softwares for hospitals and we would like the Update Agent to be ONLY deployed on our client's server, then their IT administrator will take care of the updates' distribution. We don't want our end-users (doctors) to be involved in the update process. Is it possible to do that with the Macrovision-Hosted Solution ?

Finally, How do I migrate all my products already on sites to the FLEXnet solution? Do I need to re-send installs for each product in order to add the Update Service Merge Module and register the product\version ?

I would be very grateful for any help since I could not find the info on Macrovision web-site.

Merci Beaucoup! 🙂

Julien
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hi Julien,

robysk8 wrote:

We make softwares for hospitals and we would like the Update Agent to be ONLY deployed on our client's server, then their IT administrator will take care of the updates' distribution. We don't want our end-users (doctors) to be involved in the update process. Is it possible to do that with the Macrovision-Hosted Solution ?

I'm not 100% clear on what you're looking for, but it sounds like you want files to be transferred to the hospital's server and await deployment / installation by an administrator. If that is the case, I would recommend you have a look at the "file sync" feature to push down your product installer via zip that can then be used by the admin.

For more specific discussion about it, I'd recommend you speak with one of the product reps so they can give you exactly what you need to know to make it happen.

Finally, How do I migrate all my products already on sites to the FLEXnet solution? Do I need to re-send installs for each product in order to add the Update Service Merge Module and register the product\version ?

Some mechanism would be necessary to get the agent onto the server in the first place, but once in place, it would be possible to have the agent then pull down your installers for the admin. Again, for the nitty-gritty details, it'll be best to speak with one of the sales technical staff because they've most likely seen it done before and can discuss with you.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
robysk8
Level 3

Thank You Kelly!
0 Kudos