cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCarpenter
Level 2

Removing updates from end-user UI after they have been installed

Does the Update Service client provide the capability (built-in) to hide/not show an update that has already been installed by an end-user? It seems like the installed updates continue to show on the end-user's software manager even after they have been installed.

The only option I could see to accomplish this is to set conditions on the update (via the FLEXNet Connect web site) to check either for a file/registry setting/other setting to not show the update.

Any information on how others accomplished this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
KellyF
Level 9

You're somewhat right in terms of updates... you could either

A) Make sure that your update increments the version number within the FNC client so that the updates tied to version X will not be seen by version X+1.
This will allow you to more easily manage your updates and is by far the fastest way to accomplish what you're looking to do.

B) Have a condition set on the update to look at the value of a registry key, the date/version of a file (say a DLL that was updated). If you would like to set a registry condition, you can find the steps here
(http://helpnet.macrovision.com, click on "FLEXnet Connect 6.0", "Using Conditions to Target Specific Customers and End Users")

Conditions were created as a way for you to target specific specific clients that had met a criteria, not necessarily as the way for showing/hiding updates for all. That said, I'd strongly recommend incrementing the version number once you've applied your update.

Regards,
Kelly

BCarpenter wrote:
Does the Update Service client provide the capability (built-in) to hide/not show an update that has already been installed by an end-user? It seems like the installed updates continue to show on the end-user's software manager even after they have been installed.

The only option I could see to accomplish this is to set conditions on the update (via the FLEXNet Connect web site) to check either for a file/registry setting/other setting to not show the update.

Any information on how others accomplished this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos