cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCarpenter
Level 2

FLEXNet Connect - Testing an Update not working

I'm currently trying to test and update using the "Test Update" option under the Manage Updates tab on the FLEXNet Connect Web site. When I select the preview button on this page, I continually am prompted that I do not have the Update Service runtime installed. I've tried to use this feature in both Firefox 2.0.1 as well as IE 6 but am always prompted to install the Update Service runtime every time (I currently have the Update Service v.6 installed locally).

Anyone have any success using the "Test Update" option in FLEXNet Connect?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brian
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
alnsig
Level 2

Hi. Got the same problem. I have IS12 pro and FLEXnet Connect licenses. Making applications and updates to customers. I installed the FLEXnet Connect SDK v 6.0 according to the security patch 6.0 announced by Macrovision. After installing as described in the doc Q113020 from Macrovision, I'm not able to test updates and messages any more. I get prompted to install installshieldupdateservicesdk.exe wich is version 5.0 (earlier version). If I try to install, the installer of course detects that I have a newer version (6.00), and then quit. I tried to uninstall the sdk v 6.0 and reinstall, but it did not help. I have an ongoing supportissue with Macrovision for the time beeing, and I'll let you know if this support incident solves the problem. Untill now, the support team at Macrovision hasn't been able to solve this for me. This is driving me mad, and I have been working on this case for a week now. I believe there is something wrong with the Flexnet Connect installed version hosted by Macrovision, and not a problem at my computer.
Regards Sigurd
0 Kudos