cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Error when downloading

At least one of my users are getting the following error when they try to download our update:

"Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. In the future, you can display this message by double-clicking on the warning icon displayed in the status bar."

Then in the detail sub-window:

Line 87
Char 3
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: http://updates.installshield.com/InstallProduct.asp

Any idea what this might be? We are NOT hosting the update service on our web server. We are using InstallShield's server.
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Christine_at_IS
Level 3

Are you able to reproduce this on any machine in-house?
What OS and version of IE are the customers who reproduce this using?

Thank you for the additional information.
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

To futher extend Christine's question...

We did resolve an issue with the same behavior earlier in the week. The timing of your posting and the installation of that fix on our servers may have overlapped. Please verfiy that the problem still exists. If so, we would appreciate if your customer could run a diagnostic tool to help us troubleshoot.

We are sorry for the problems you are having. We should be able to resolve your problems soon.

URL for the diagnostic tool: http://67.106.83.48/Diag/
Just open the EXE and copy/paste the information into an email and send it to me at:

chrisw@installshield.com

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Our user tried it again @ 12:12 PM EDT on 10/3/2003 and got a different error. This time the error said:
Line 64
Char 4
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: http://updates.installshield.com/InstallProduct.asp

He is using Windows 2000 and IE6. I've asked him to run your diagnostic tool and will let you know the results of that when he sends it. I also asked him to send it to Chrisw' e-mail address.

Also, he informs me that he is doing the upate using satellite internet service. He also says that he has experienced problems with other web sites due to the lag that a satellite connection has. Could this be a factor in this instance?
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

It shouldn't matter. Hopefully the results from the diagnostic tool should give us some insight into the issue. If you could send me your email address, I can have our QA team work directly with you once we get the results from the diagnostic tool. My email is chrisw@installshield.com.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

OK.

Chris, I sent you an e-mail with contact information.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Chris,

I haven't heard a response from you regarding this. What are our next steps?
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Sorry for the delay. The results from the diagnostic tool told us what the problem is. If your support engineer hasn't contacted you yet, please contact him.
0 Kudos