cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geologix
Level 2

Error "Invalid URL, Please enter a valid URL." when editing an update-message

I have some update-messages already defined with the Update Service.
Today (after the new software update this week-end), when I try to edit one of the messages, I get a "Invalid URL, Please enter a valid URL." error. The URL IS valid, I've downloaded programs using the update-message last week!
Has the validation for these fields changed? [the URL has no spaces in it]

Edward Clements
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Chandima
Level 7

I just sent you a Private Message (since I will need sensitive information) requesting more information. Please respond to that whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
0 Kudos
torosaur
Level 3

We just hot-fixed an issue where we were not allowing URLs with underscores (_) through. Please try creating your update again and let us know if this has resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
Geologix
Level 2

Brian, Chandima,

It works! 🙂
Thanks a lot for the quick response!!

Edward Clements
0 Kudos
Doc_Orac
Level 4

Almost the same problem: the URL has a $ and its being rejected.
This occures with existing and new updates/messages.

Could that ($) also be allowed?
0 Kudos
EdwinSchild
Level 4

Please also add the %. I have some update messages which I can no longer edit step 2 because we use %20 in the URL to make sure the path doesn't contain spaces.
0 Kudos
Doc_Orac
Level 4

Where can I find a list with characters which aren't allowed in the url? :confused:
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I just patched the publisher site to allow you to use other characters in your URLs. Yes, %, $, _, @ are all now allowed through that check. The current "bad" list is: !^*()+`~<,>{[}]|

Please note, this list is subject to change in the future (should get smaller). My apologies for those who had been bitten by this restriction.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
Doc_Orac
Level 4

Yes, it works! Thx! 🙂
0 Kudos
EdwinSchild
Level 4

Great. We just released 4 updates today so now we can add the update messages.
Thanks for the quick fix.

Edwin 🙂
0 Kudos