Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Direct runtime to my Notification server using IS Developer 7.01

The sole sequence working for me is:
1. Create the object.
2. Call Register(productCode, productVersion)
3. Call SetHost(productCode, hostURL);
4. Now AppUpdate is working.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Chandima
Level 7

Do you have a specific question? If so I don't quite get it :confused:
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Chandima,
I’ve posted here the solution.
The Register() method must be called before SetHost() to get it working.
I didn’t find that requirement in the documentation, so I believe that this message could help somebody with similar problems.
Thanks,
Boris.
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

Thanks for that info. Do you create a setup for your application? If so do you use a tool other than an InstallShield tool? If so is it a Windows Installer based setup authoring tool?

The reason I ask is because, if you use an InstallShield setup tool (like DevStudio or Express) or another vendor's Windows Installer setup tool (like Wise Solutions) the Setup itself will perform the Register and SetHost actions. These actions need to be run only once on a the target machine so performing them during the application's setup is a great way of doing it.

I would like to get an idea of how you distribute your software and then have our help updated. Thanks again for sharing this information.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

I use IS tools (Update Service with supporting tools and Developer 7.01) for creating and publishing appropriated MSI packages. Customer systems should be capable of handling them.
We have two kinds of customer systems:
Customer servers should check for updates on a timely manner (like once a day) and perform the whole process (check-download-install) in a silent mode.
Customer clients should do it upon the application’s launch giving to the users a potential ability to delay it.
0 Kudos