cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Can't deliver strong named assemblies because of ISUS

I hope ISUS v4 brings us a .NET component to integrate ISUS into our .NET solutions. As it stands now, we have to use a COM Interop, and because of that, and it not being "strong named" I cannot strong name my assemblies that rely on ISUS functionality which I pay for.

Please address this issue in todays era of security.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
KellyF
Level 9

Neal,

I know that this may be disappointing to hear, but there is no .NET managed client at the moment. Com Interop is currently the only way to integrate in .NET. It's obvious that this is important to you, so please make yourself heard via the "feedback" mechanism within the publisher website. That feedback will reach Noel, who sets the direction we take with the Update Service.

You can also send him an email via the community mechanism, but I strongly advise that for any features that matter, submit them via feedback. They'll go into a system which is better for tracking than simple email. (Plus, there'll be many more eyes seeing it)

KellyF

neal007 wrote:
I hope ISUS v4 brings us a .NET component to integrate ISUS into our .NET solutions. As it stands now, we have to use a COM Interop, and because of that, and it not being "strong named" I cannot strong name my assemblies that rely on ISUS functionality which I pay for.

Please address this issue in todays era of security.

Thank you.
0 Kudos