cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzytao
Level 2

404 Error when update does not exist on download server

Hi,

I am using professional version and has setup 3 updates for a product. Everything works fine when the updates exists. I am working on the scenario that - in the middle of the process - the Internet connection of one particular server is lost by removing an update from the server.

In such a case, the OnDownloadComplete event returns nResultCode with the value of -2147166892 and the error description is "An internet communication error occurred. Error Code: 404". Everything works great up to this point.

However, re-launch the same program and the OnDownloadComplete event never fires up when the download method is called. Even though the download method is called on those updates that actually exists and were successfully downloaded previously. By running the agent.exe, it reveals that iexplorer.exe is aborting.

The application is written in VB6 as standalone exe application.

Anyone experience the same problem? How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Daniel
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
tzytao
Level 2

InstallShield Update Manager has the same issue as my application. The progress bar stays unchanged for minutes and nothing happens. Looks like an exception should be thrown but does not. Any thoughts?

Daniel

Here's the screen capture.
0 Kudos