cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Ability to CLONE an UPDATE

I create updates, sometimes three or four with very little information changed in each update, such as download URL, file size, etc. It's painful going through all these steps for each update. It would be helpful if there was a CLONE UPDATE option to copy the current update to a new configuration. It would be created populated by not saved, so I can make the updates and then click SAVE/FINISH to commit.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
NealC804
Level 8

Woops, disregard, looks like COPY does this, just noticed it! 🙂
0 Kudos
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

I like this idea. Most of my updates are clones. In fact, I've found its such a pain to author new updates that I will just take an old update and change a few things for the new update.

Neal, one more thing. Have you been submitting these requests to the Feedback link? I'd hate to have all of your ideas fall on deaf ears 🙂
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Brad Peterson wrote:
Neal, one more thing. Have you been submitting these requests to the Feedback link? I'd hate to have all of your ideas fall on deaf ears 🙂

Brad,

I don't submit anything using that feedback link nor do I submit support requests. My job is done, I've made the company aware here, they can follow-up as they see fit. If someone posts an issue on my forum, am I going to ignore it because they didn't formally submit a support ticket? Hell no! I'm going to do everything I can to make my software better and collect the feedback where available. I'll follow up in any means the customer wants to communicate the issue. I am not going to force my customers to duplicate the submission or go through any painful process, much less be charged, to help improve my product.

0 Kudos