Update: Notification of new sub processor
Note: This only impacts FlexNet Operations Cloud ALM customers who are hosted on Flexera's AWS Environments.
In order to continue to deliver the excellent service that you have grown to expect from Flexera, we will be engaging, Snowflake, Inc. as a subprocessor. We anticipate that Snowflake’s engagement will commence from December 7 2021 (“Effective date”).
Snowflake is an industry leading American software company with a number of platforms and solutions. Flexera will be using Snowflake’s data warehouse platform which will allow us to deliver a better customer experience for our hosted customers. It is expected that by engaging Snowflake the following benefits for customers will be realized:
- Enhanced business information and analytics
- Faster access to data
- Enhanced security features
Snowflake’s commitment to privacy
Snowflake is Privacy Shield certified for both HR and non-HR data and our contract with them contains a data processing agreement which includes the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure appropriate protection of personal information of our customers.
Further information about Snowflake’s commitment to privacy, and how they manage compliance with their obligations can be found here.
Our engagement with Snowflake
Flexera have undertaken appropriate due-diligence and are satisfied that Snowflake will abide by the following requirements (in addition to any applicable legal requirements):
- Only process personal information in accordance with Flexera’s instructions,
- Ensure that all persons who may access the personal information are bound by obligations of confidentiality,
- Will conduct regular training in relation to data protection and information security,
- Implement and maintain appropriate technical and organization measures,
- Promptly notify Flexera of actual and/or suspected data breaches,
- Cooperate with Flexera in dealing with any requests from data subjects or supervisory authorities
We don't require you to take any action relative to this post - Snowflake will commence providing services from the effective date provided above. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us (DataProtectionTeam@Flexera.com) and we'll be glad to address them.