ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
tahkhan
Level 2

Unable to create additional scan server

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to add additional scan server. I get an error:

Unable to create scan server. Attempt to contact server at <server name> was unsuccessful. Check that the host and port are correct and the scan server is running.

I have confirmed that the server is listening on port 8888 and that the codeinsight service is running.

Both core and scan servers are running on the same OS and I have tried using IP Address instead of the server name as well. Can you advise what may be the issue here?

I am using 7.13.0 Build 101

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jwilliams
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @tahkhan,

Thank you for your message. Can you please confirm whether you are able to use ping between the core and scan servers to ensure there is no network related issues between the two servers? Can you also please confirm whether there are any proxy servers or fiewalls in your envionment which may be preventing the communication between the two servers? If the ping is successful please raise a Support case and attach your full <Install Dir>/logs/ and <Install Dir>/tomcat/logs/ directories to the case. Our Technical Support team will be happy to assist you further with this query.

Kind Regards,

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jwilliams
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @tahkhan,

Thank you for your message. Can you please confirm whether you are able to use ping between the core and scan servers to ensure there is no network related issues between the two servers? Can you also please confirm whether there are any proxy servers or fiewalls in your envionment which may be preventing the communication between the two servers? If the ping is successful please raise a Support case and attach your full <Install Dir>/logs/ and <Install Dir>/tomcat/logs/ directories to the case. Our Technical Support team will be happy to assist you further with this query.

Kind Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos