Deactivation of InstallShield
SummaryIf you find that it will be necessary to move your license to a new machine, the license must first be returned or deactivated from the previous machine before it can be activated on the new machine.
InstallShield node-locked licenses are single-machine, single-user licenses according to the End-User License Agreement (EULA). This means that they can be activated on one machine and accessed by one user.
If moving a license to a new machine is required, the license must be returned or deactivated from the machine on which it is currently activated, before attempting to activate the license on a new machine.
Please note that there is a return limit for each type of licence:
Node Locked Licence
If your licence is a node locked licence, then you are allowed to return/deactivate/transfer your licence up to a maximum of four times per year.
If your licence is a concurrent licence and you would like to return/transfer it from the current licence server to a new/another licence server, then please note that there is a return/transfer limit of 2 returns/transfers per year.
This section included steps for both online and offline activation methods of deactivation.
1) Reinstall the software on the previous machine (if it has been uninstalled).
2) From the command-line change directories to the appropriate default path:
|InstallShield 2008 Express||C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS 2008 Express\System|
|InstallShield 2008 Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System|
|InstallShield 2009 Express||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 Express\System|
|InstallShield 2009 Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\System|
|InstallShield 2010 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\System|
|InstallShield 2011 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\System|
|InstallShield 2012 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2012\System|
|InstallShield 2012 Spring Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2012Spring\System|
|InstallShield 2013 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2013\System|
|InstallShield 2014 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2014\System|
|InstallShield 2015 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2015\System|
|InstallShield 2016 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2016\System|
|InstallShield 2018 Express/Pro/Premier||C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2018\System|
Note: For 64 bit machines, the default location will be under the (x86) Directory.
- InstallShield 2011 on a 64-bit machine will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011\System
3) For InstallShield, execute the following Command: TSconfig /return
Activation Server URL: activationservice.installshield.comNote: We suggest allowing incoming and outgoing traffic to and from *.flexerasoftware.com and *.installshield.com as well as making sure that ports 80, 443 & 8443 are open.
1) Reinstall the software on the previous machine (if it has been uninstalled)
2) Open up a Command Prompt and CD to the appropriate default path.
3) Execute the following command for InstallShield which will generate a request code: TSconfig /return /no_internet
4) For InstallShield 2014 and later, process the request code at our Product and License Center self-service web page.
1) See the links below for additional information and troubleshooting steps regarding activation.
2) If further assistance is required, contact Support .