cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srh124
Level 3

where is the text for cancel button in uninstallation?

Hi all.
I've searched InstallShield 2009 premier thoroughly to find where can i change the text for cancel button which appears in unintasllation process (in first dialog with header text ' Please wait while windows configures ...' and a progress bar).
In fact, i'm translating Arabic language and i've changed some UI texts, Action Texts, even 0x401.ini file which appears after building setup. just 1 thing has remained and it's that cancel button.
Can anyone help me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If you are using a Basic MSI project, that dialog and all its text are resources in msiexec.exe or msi.dll which ship with Windows. Since these are operating system components, it is not possible to change their resources.
0 Kudos
srh124
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
If you are using a Basic MSI project, that dialog and all its text are resources in msiexec.exe or msi.dll which ship with Windows. Since these are operating system components, it is not possible to change their resources.

Thanks for your reply
One question: this text appears in Arabic (not english which is default) so someone (=some code) should have told msiexec.exe to use that language. Isn't it possible to change this code?
Or msiexec can just support default languages (like Arabic(Saudi Arabis, German, Eng, ...)) which is presented in premier edition?

Thanks in advance for ur help
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The strings that are displayed are determined from the ProductLanguage property in the MSI package that is running. This property is set to the default language in your project normally, and in a multilanguage installation, is changed by a language transform applied when the setup is launched (this cannot be changed until the product is uninstalled).

The languages supported by MSI would be the same languages Windows supports.
0 Kudos
srh124
Level 3

Thanks a lot for ur help
I'm gonna give it a try by adding my own language and see the result.
One point: i couldn't get what you mean by this

joshstechnij wrote:
(this cannot be changed until the product is uninstalled).

Uninstalled?

Regards
0 Kudos