cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moexxe
Level 3

uninstallation leaves files on XP

Hi there.

I am using basic MSI on installshield2008 and i'm currently having a problem when i am uninstalling the software on XP computers. The un-installation works fine on Vista, but for XP, it seems to be only uninstalling the software at the start menu side but leaves all program files (exe,xml,rtf...) in the directory where it was installed in.

Can anybody identify the problem and provide a solution as to how i can solve this? Preferably step by step. I'm extremely new to this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

moex.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sammathew
Level 4

Hi you can add this code in your OnUnistall or OnMainUIBefore at the end which will remove the files .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FeatureRemoveAll();

DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE,SUPPORTDIR^"(Your product).bmp"+";1;;;0,255,0;",TRUE);

SetStatusWindow(0, "");
Enable(STATUSEX);
PlaceWindow( STATUS , nWidth , 30 , CENTERED );
StatusUpdate(ON, 100);

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
moexxe
Level 3

hi,

forgive me for sounding like a complete noob but could you please guide me to where i can find OnUninstall in basicMSI? Do i go to installScript and add CustomActions or something? Thanks=)

moex
0 Kudos
moexxe
Level 3

hi sammathew,

thanks for the quick reply but i did a lookup on FeatureRemoveAll(); and it only applies to InstallScript and InstallScript MSI projects. Same applies to OnUninstall Function.

Do you know of any other alternative i can apply on a Basic MSI project instead?
Thanks 😃

moex.
0 Kudos