cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

uninstall conditions don't work, OR I'm insane

Okay, I've now wasted far too long trying to get this working. I am trying to run a CA on uninstall (my co-workers jokingly suggested that it's unnecessary, since no one would EVER want to uninstall our product), and no matter what I do, it won't work. I've tried the following conditions:

_IsMaintenance = "Remove"

and

&FeatureName=2

Regardless, this always evaluates to false. Logging the uninstall turns up this:

MSI (s) (B8:34) [15:37:59:241]: Skipping action: UninstallService (condition is false)

Am I in the Twilight Zone? Are all uninstalls really installs now? What's going on with this?

Many thanks,
Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Happy_Days
Level 7

If your product is uninstalling all the features, just put "REMOVE" (all CAPS) in the condition and see if it works.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Where in the sequences does your action occur? If the Execute sequence (which it presumably is, since it makes a system change), the private property _IsMaintenance will be reset to its default value when execution switches from the UI sequence to the Execute sequence. Please see this old newsletter tip for more (PDF warning): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/msiconditions.pdf.
0 Kudos
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

Oh, that did the trick! Thanks... I wonder why I don't have more of these documents. I also wish I had saved more of my projects from my last job for use as personal references, where I had plenty of things like this working already.
0 Kudos