cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rofugon7
Level 2

uninstall application

Hello, I just create un installsield msi project. This project only install a program (Winrar), I add the winrar install file into "Support files/billboard" --> "Disk1", and in the "installscript" in the function OnFirstUIAfter of "before move data" y write this:

LaunchAppAndWait("wrar370es.exe","-s",0);

Now i want that if my application is uninstalled, winrar is uninstalled too. How can i do this?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If there is an uninstaller for that program, you might see if you can use the UninstallApplication function or just run its uninstall string when your product is being uninstalled.

Is it an option to use a Basic MSI project, possibly with InstallScript custom actions? In Basic MSI, please see this tip for information about detecting uninstallation: http://www.macrovision.com/company/news/newsletter/tips/msiconditions.shtml.
0 Kudos
rofugon7
Level 2

RobertDickau wrote:
If there is an uninstaller for that program, you might see if you can use the UninstallApplication function or just run its uninstall string when your product is being uninstalled.

Is it an option to use a Basic MSI project, possibly with InstallScript custom actions? In Basic MSI, please see this tip for information about detecting uninstallation: http://www.macrovision.com/company/news/newsletter/tips/msiconditions.shtml.

I saw your post and MSI Help Library page "Conditional Statement Syntax" but i don´t know how i would use the condition "Not Installed", I'm trying with this code:

if (Not Installed) then
LaunchAppAndWait("wrar351es.exe","-s",0);
endif;
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The Not Installed expression is just for MSI tables, and not script. If you had a custom action defined in the "Custom Actions and Sequences" view, you could give it the condition Not Installed.

To detect a first-time installation in plain InstallScript, there's:
if (!MAINTENANCE) then
// etc.
endif;
Likewise, any code in one of the OnFirstUIBefore/After events runs only for a first-time installation.
0 Kudos