cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yp_patel
Level 3

tree selection control code

I am using IS 2010 installscript project..

does anyone know how to add items in tree selection control and process them - insert into tree nodes, read tree nodes, get status of each times selected or not ...etc..

I can't find any codes in this forum or anywhere..

thanks in advance..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Hi There,

Is this for InstallScript/InstallScript MSI type projects, or is it for Basic MSI projects?

The two use very different engines for the User Interface, so the approaches will be different. Offhand, I'm not sure this is possible for Basic MSI, since the SelectionTree control is only written to show the contents of the Feature table:

SelectionTree Control:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371604(v=vs.85).aspx

While it's possible in MSI to dynamically insert records into a table, this is a VERY bad idea to do with features in the Feature table.

Regards,
0 Kudos
yp_patel
Level 3

This is for IS 2010 - InstallScript project, not MSI.
0 Kudos
Cary_R
Level 11

In that case, I would look at FeatureAddItem, which is included as a Feature function:

Feature Functions
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield16helplib_sp1/mergedProjects/installshield16langref/LangrefFeature_functions.htm

Selection Tree controls are still used for listing Feature sets in InstallScript projects, though.
0 Kudos
yp_patel
Level 3

Cary,

Thank you.

But feature functions are more for installation of features.

I am interested in simple tree selection codes where it will have parent nodes, which can have as many child nodes, and child nodes can have many grand child nodes... etc.. where you can add select child node or grandchild nodes.. and disable some grand child nodes ...etc..

Do you have a test code where I can add child or children and get the status of it ..etc?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the late reply..
0 Kudos