cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnpitroda
Level 5

smart device installer

Hi,

I want to create a smart device installer from installshield 2008. I have done it and it generates a .cab file which is working fine on smartdevice.

But my requirement is i want one single exe which can deploy from windows to smart device. How to do it. Please help.

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

A desktop-to-device installation installs a product to the end user’s desktop computer first. (For this installation, you can configure it to be a single, compressed setup.exe file that contains all of the necessary files.) The installation launches the Application Manager or uses either Windows Mobile Device Center or ActiveSync to install the mobile device product onto the Windows Mobile device when it is connected with the desktop computer. Is this the type of installation that you would like to create?

If so, you can create a Basic MSI project. In this project, use the Mobile Devices view (in the View List, under Application Data, click Mobile Devices) to add support for one or more mobile device installations to your project.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
cnpitroda
Level 5

Thanks ,

It Works
0 Kudos