cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMorisseau
Level 5

silent installs and SdShowMsg

I have an InstallScript project that I've scripted that calls SdShowMsg a number of times to let the user know about various actions happening during the installation process, such as configuration events, launching third-party setups included with the product, etc. My problem is that when I run my installer in silent mode, I lose these messages and there is no indicator to the user that anything is happening other than the hourglass on the screen and the desktop shortcuts being deployed.

Is there a way to get these messages to display in silent mode?

Dennis

(Originally in InstallShield 12 forum, but cross-posted here as well)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Gvarma
Level 7

DMorisseau wrote:
I have an InstallScript project that I've scripted that calls SdShowMsg a number of times to let the user know about various actions happening during the installation process, such as configuration events, launching third-party setups included with the product, etc. My problem is that when I run my installer in silent mode, I lose these messages and there is no indicator to the user that anything is happening other than the hourglass on the screen and the desktop shortcuts being deployed.

Is there a way to get these messages to display in silent mode?

Dennis

(Originally in InstallShield 12 forum, but cross-posted here as well)

You got two options..

1. Whereever you are calling SdShowMsg, use inbuilt flag if (SilentMode - I think it is available for Installscript projects).

2. Build a wrapper around your installation and call SdShowMsg in the beginning and end.

HTH
0 Kudos