cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeBig
Level 4

setupini.exe no longer works for IS2012 Spring projects

The setupini.exe utility application no longer works for setup.exes produced with IS2012 Spring. I've submitted a support request and it has been confirmed yet no date can be given on when this will be fixed (or an updated version of the utility will be provided) but given the developer interactions on this forum, I'm crossing my fingers that this post will spurn some activity on the subject.

The setupini.exe (both setupini.exe and internal_setupini.exe) application always reports 'Could not open ...exe'.

Since our installer architecture is built around the ability to use this application at runtime, this is an integral piece to our application. If anyone has any other ideas on how to modify the setup.ini inside the setup.exe, I'm all ears.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
JoeBig
Level 4

In my research, this utility has been troublesome in the past when new versions are released. That said, I can see forum posts as well as the KB article where Flexera has promptly released a new version of the utility. I've asked for this from Flexera support in my incident (SIOC-000132315) and while the support personnel has giving me a work order number for development (IOA-000069628), there has been no more information provided.

Given I see developers post in this forum daily and my company is a Fortune 100 company who just spent a ton of money renewing our maintenance plan with Flexera, I'm expecting a better response.

I don't mean to get ornery but this has been going on over a month and, from the outside looking in, there's nothing being done about it or at least I'm not being informed that anything is being done about it either through the support incident I submitted or these forums.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm so sorry about the issue. I believe that a KB article with the updated file has been in the works. In the meantime, though, I've attached the file to this post.

In the next version of InstallShield, we plan on starting to ship this file with the product, instead of posting it in a KB article. That way, you'll have the new version of setupini.exe as soon as you install a new version of InstallShield.
0 Kudos
JoeBig
Level 4

This works beautifully Ms. Urman. Thank you very much! I'm also glad to hear the change in the distribution model for this utility going forward... that will help ease reservations by my company on the incorporation of use of this utility with future InstallShield versions.
0 Kudos