cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThePerfectWave
Level 5

settings to start service without administrator rights

Hi,

I install a service with the Installshield.

When I restart the computer and logon as administrator the service is started.

When I restart the computer and logon as guest without administrator rights the sevice is not started.

Which flags in the Installshield do I have to configure / to set, that the service also will be started, when I logon as guest without administrator rights?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

is the service set to run under the system service account or under a specific account?

depending on the settings for the system security sometimes you won't be able to run a service under a specific user account instead of the Service account unless logged in as that account. I have run into this problem before.
0 Kudos
ThePerfectWave
Level 5

It's beneath the following reg key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyService]
"Type"=dword:00000010
"Start"=dword:00000002

1. What do you mean with system service account?

2. I guess the registry key shown aboth is the right one, right ?
0 Kudos
ThePerfectWave
Level 5

Now I got the error.
Yes the service realy get's started.

But the program wich is started in auto-run:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
, and wich is using the data provide by the service, is started in special conditions, sooner than the service.

When the computer is started, the user has to wait a small amount of time, before log in.
If he does so, the service is already running, and than the program, started with autorun, can access the needed data, producted by my service.

The descirbed error just occurs in some cases, when the user logs in as soon as he can. In this case sometimes the data, which are producte from the service, are not already present, since the program is started early than the service.

🙂
0 Kudos