cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overlordchin
Level 6

setting IFX_PRODUCT_ICON

So we have an installscript project which does not have an icon for add remove programs. I would like to add one. I started searching for how to do so and came across the IFX_PRODUCT_ICON variable / registry information in the Install script language reference pdf. However, I cannot find an example of how or where to set this properly.

Can anyone give me an example of what this should look like?

I even found another thread which mentions this as a solution to the same problem but with no details on how to do it. http://community.softsummit.com/showthread.php?p=420799#post420799
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
overlordchin
Level 6

So I did not find specifically how to set the variable but I did discover a few other things about Install script projects.

If you set the icon for the add/remove programs under the general information it is ignored if you do it the same way you would in MSI projects. That is to say you are pointing to a location on the machine with IS on it and not a target dir on the machine the software is being installed on. It does not appear to embed the icon in the installer the way an MSI project does.

The icon needs to be copied to the target machine and the path should reflect that. In my test this got the icon to appear in add remove programs
0 Kudos
overlordchin
Level 6

0 Kudos