cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baker_tony
Level 2

resetting InstallShield DevStudio 9 window layout

Hi, my InstallShield DevStudio 9 layout of the windows (like installscript area, build windows, menu bar, etc) is screwed up. Even my menu items are missing!
Was working fine, I think this all started when I had a large resolution monitor plugged in to my laptop and had the build text area larger than the laptops resolution. After I unplugged my monitor and when I hit build, the build text area takes over all of the dev studio environment.

Compounding that, all my menu bar entries have gone!

Yes, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Installshield DevStudio 9, but it has kept the screwed up layout.

Help! There must be a place that DevStudio keeps its window layout, I just need to delete that setting to go back to defaults!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Look in the registry under HKCU\Software\InstallShield\\Professional\IDE\Workspaces or thereabouts.
0 Kudos
baker_tony
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
Look in the registry under HKCU\Software\InstallShield\\Professional\IDE\Workspaces or thereabouts.

Awesome, thanks! I deleted:
HKCU\Software\InstallShield\Developer\9.0\IDE\Workspaces\InstallShield
and after re-running InstallShield, all's well!

I was on the phone to Installshield for ages trying to solve this and they had no idea, going so far as to suggest I should buy the latest version!
0 Kudos