cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austin2359
Level 6

remove entire installdir and subfolders?

I am aware of the "deletedir()" command in installscript but the problem with that is that it doesn't delete read only files. With windows 7 and vista, the program files directory is always set to read only. The installdirs I am working with are subfolders of the program files directory, thus set to read only.

I'm aware of the deletefiles table and how to populate it. But there are a bunch of subfolders within the installdir that need to be wiped. Enough that it would be a very tedious task to delete them individually. As far as I know, the deletefiles table cannot remove the subdirs. It will delete folder "x" but not folder "x/y."

Any other alternatives?

// The reason this is necessary is due to 3rd party patching through rtpatch. This adds files but windows installer doesn't know to delete them.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
nvadnais
Level 3

Was there ever any response on this? I am fighting the same thing. The original install is minimal, but then it makes a web query and applies domain settings. On uninstall, I need to delete what I installed and all of the domain-delivered stuff (and the MSI doesn't know what that is). I would like to write a script (InstallScript or VB) which kills these files in a set of 4 different subfolders (and removes these folders also).

Any ideas?
0 Kudos