cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopheOce
Level 7

regserver under vista ?

Hi,

I have a package (basic msi project) made with installshield 11.5.
In this package i have a custom action name regserver who take a executable and launch it (deffered execution in system context) with a parameter /regserver

If i take this package and start it under vista, it's works well, the package is well installed.

Now this package must be upgrade under installshield 2008, the same package i have just open the msi with is 2008 and build again.

If i take this package under vista the package still block on this custom action regserver !!!
I've seen that on the log trace with ( /l*v path )

[CODE]

MSI (s) (20:1C) [09:54:06:510]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=RegisterServer,,)
Action 9:54:06: RegisterServer.
MSI (s) (20:1C) [09:54:06:526]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=RegisterServer,ActionType=3154,Source=C:\Program Files\****\****\****\****.exe,Target=/regserver,)

[/CODE]

Somone can help me for to understand why that work with is 11.5 and not with is 2008 !?
and if possible how i can do for that package work under vista with build with installshield 2008 !

Thanks for your time
Christophe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ChristopheOce
Level 7

Hi,

it's enough me !

More information, if i click right on the setup.exe and put run as administrator the setup is well installed !

If i create a manifest file with this code and put here in my release folder next to the setup.exe and launch the setup.exe

processorArchitecture="X86"
name="setup.exe"
type="win32"/>
elevate execution level

the setup still block on the custom action regserver !!!!
I d'ont understand ! the manifest file and the click right run as administrator IT NOT THE SAME THING ?

Argghhhhh ..why ?

Can you help me !
Christophe
0 Kudos