cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTS2007
Level 2

"Unable to save file" error with Vista

I'm using InstallShield 2008 Express on my computer which runs Windows Vista. When I try to run the installer, I get the following error message:

Unable to save file: C:\Windows\Downloaded Installations{.....

The system cannot find the path specified.

Why is this happening?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

MTS
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
wmansur
Level 3

I get the same thing with InstallShield 2008 Premier.

Basic MSI project that was converted from IS 11.5.

Works fine on XP.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

You may need to change the location of where your Setup.exe file caches the .msi file. To do so, go to the Releases view, and click the release that you want to configure. On the Setup.exe tab, enter the following path for the Cache Path field:
[LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations

This is the default value for all new InstallShield 2008 Express projects. If you upgrade your project from an earlier version to 2008, you'll see the old default value ([WindowsFolder]Downloaded Installations).

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are you having trouble with the Express setup itself, or a setup you built with Express?
0 Kudos
wmansur
Level 3

Will this also work for IS 2008 Premier?

DebbieL wrote:
You may need to change the location of where your Setup.exe file caches the .msi file. To do so, go to the Releases view, and click the release that you want to configure. On the Setup.exe tab, enter the following path for the Cache Path field:
[LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations

This is the default value for all new InstallShield 2008 Express projects. If you upgrade your project from an earlier version to 2008, you'll see the old default value ([WindowsFolder]Downloaded Installations).

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
wmansur
Level 3

wmansur wrote:
Will this also work for IS 2008 Premier?

It does work for IS2008 Premier!

Thanks!

-Walter
0 Kudos