cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seamus_hoban
Level 3

"Project creation failed" error with ISLE for VS2010

Hi all,

I have installed VS 2010 Pro with Service Pack 1, and as far as I'm aware, I'm up to date patch-wise. (I don't have VB installed however). I have also installed ISLE all on XP Pro SP3.

When I try to add a new ISLE project I see the usual Add New Project dialog, pick the location and name, then select OK, but all I see in the status text at the bottom of the Studio window is "Creating project ''... project creation failed."

I thought that perhaps it was an activation issue - so I manually ran TSConfig.exe and entered the serial number I was e-mailed, activated successfully and tried again, but no joy.

I then uninstalled ISLE, Studio SP1, and Studio itself, went through the whole remove, reboot, reinstall routine, but I'm still having the same trouble.

I also have a number of other add-ons - WIX Toolset 3.5, MySQL Connector/NET 6.3.7, .NET Memory Profiler 3.5.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Séamus
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello Seamus,

I would try to replicate the issue at my end by installing the add-on's (WIX Toolset 3.5, MySQL Connector/NET 6.3.7, .NET Memory Profiler 3.5) and let you know if I’m able to replicate the issue in-house.

Meanwhile could you kindly install Microsoft Visual Studio SP1 on a different system that is without the add-on's and test if you are able create the project?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
seamus_hoban
Level 3

Hello Bharath,

Thanks for the reply. ISLE installs and behaves correctly on another colleague's machine with a similar configuration.

Regards,
Séamus
0 Kudos
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello Seamus,

I suspect this to be machine specific issue. Could you kindly create new Admin user account and test if the same behavior persists?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
seamus_hoban
Level 3

Hi Bharath,

I've successfully created an ISLE project using another Admin account on the same machine.
Since doing that, I've been able to open and create ISLE projects while logged on to my original account.

Thanks for your time!
Séamus
0 Kudos