Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basher590
Level 3

"Program Files" folder property changed on 64Bit

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this.
I am doing a system search using the "Folder path by searching for a specific file" option and then using it as a destination for a component.

I can see from my log files that this is working properly. It finds the file and changes the properties value to hold the correct folder path.

However a bit later on I can see that it substitutes the folder path for a different one.

The below log excerpt only shows where it modifies the existing property.

MSI (c) (8C:60) [14:19:37:682]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\' will substitute 17 characters in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\' folder path. (mask argument = 0, the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
MSI (c) (8C:60) [14:19:37:682]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying RS_INSTANCE_PATH2 property. Its current value is 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\'. Its new value: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\'.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This usually happens when a component is not marked 64-bit (note the MSI package also needs to be marked 64-bit if it contains any 64-bit components), and Windows Installer appears to make an assumption that the component should be installed to a 32-bit path.
0 Kudos
basher590
Level 3

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to get the search working (it wasn't for some reason) and came across all the other posts of the same or similar question. :oops sorry.

The trouble is it's a 32 bit application but it also requires files to go SSRS whether 64 or 32 bit. Oh well, I can always use a custom action right? Or just create 2 seperate installers.

Thanks again for your response.

Chris
0 Kudos