cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesper_Eskilson
Level 3

"Library not registered" when using Standalone build on Vista/Windows Server 2008

Hello!

I'm trying to use the automation interface in Standalone Build, but I get the following error on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008:

WIN32OLERuntimeError: CreateProject
OLE error code:8002801D in ISWiAutomation.ISWiProject.CreateProject
Automation error
Library not registered.
HRESULT error code:0x80020009
Exception occurred.

On Windows XP, standalone build works fine.

I downloaded the standalone build installer on a Windows XP machine (which has InstallShield Premier installed) and installed it on a Windows Server 2008 machine and a Windows Vista machine.

Is the standalone build incompatible with Vista and Windows Server 2008?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The StandAlone Build will work on Vista and 2008 machine, but you will need to be sure that you have full access to the registry on those machines. The SAB needs to be able to register some files in order to work.

Can you try to self-register the SAAuto14.dll file located in your StandAlone Build folder and see what happens? If it registers successfully try your automation script again and see if it works.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Jesper_Eskilson
Level 3

The library is registered successfully. However, the problem seems to be in CreateProject only; if I use OpenProject to open a preexisting project everything works fine. (I discovered this because I had to use a template project for other reasons, and in doing so I removed the CreateProject call.)

In any case, it would be nice to know why CreateProject fails, while opening an existing project works fine. Does CreateProject need to load other (unregistered) libraries?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please run the following VBScript on your machine and see if it works:
Set pFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 
sPath= pFSO.BuildPath("C:\test", "test.txt")
MsgBox sPath

If it does not work, scrrun.dll needs to be installed and registered.
0 Kudos