cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmccue
Level 4

question re: build server

Hello,

I'm trying to move my build process onto a build server that doesn't have the full IS 2008 installed. (Standalone build is installed)

My question is how/where do I specify the various resources my build uses. For instance, I have a custom theme, and I would like to have it in a central location on the build server... where can I specify this path change in the ism to ensure it builds on the build server? Given that thte program files/macrovision/is2008/support/themes folder isn't there. I want to move it into a folder like c:\build_resources on the server.

Thanks,
Mike
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
mmccue
Level 4

Maybe that question wasn't too clear.

How do I change the path that IS looks for the custom theme from c:\program files\macrovision\is2008\support\themes to a different path?

Is the only way to go into Direct Editor and find where this path is referenced and change it?

Thanks again,
Mike
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The theme should only be referenced in the InstallShield table if you need to tweak it with the direct editor. I believe that the themes are in a similar location on a SAB install, i.e. the Support/Themes subfolder of the SAB. The builtin ones should already be there, so will adding yours there work for you?
0 Kudos
mmccue
Level 4

I see the ISTheme property in the Installshield table however I don't see anywhere in the .ism where I can change the path to where to find the .theme file... Or do I need to just change it there and hardcode the path to the .theme file?

I'd like to keep the files centrally located in a folder to make managing it with subversion and nant across the multiple boxes simpler..
0 Kudos
mmccue
Level 4

Just an update, I changed the path to the .theme file in the table and that worked great.

Now all my resources are pulled from one spot and makes deployment to build server a snap.

Much appreciate the help, MichaelU!

Edit: Eh, apparently I spoke too soon. The build is still trying to find the theme files (i.e. setup.gif) in the normal Macrovision path...

Any other suggestions about where I can change this?

Thanks again,
Mike
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Can you put the fuller path in the custom theme file? I haven't tested or checked the code to verify that would work, but I'd hope it was as flexible there as it was for the theme location...
0 Kudos