cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akshara
Level 5

problem in maintanace mode

Hello,

In maintance mode, the messagebox is displayed saying "this will execute upgrade..." I want to change with my own message..Where to change this?
Any idea?

Regards,
Akshara
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ElenaN
Level 6

Browse to [InstallShield INSTALLDIR]\Support. In this directory you will see a number of files named like 0x.ini. For English it is 0x0409.ini. In this file there is a message you want to change:
LATERVERSIONINSTALLED=A later version of '%s' is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue.
If you use StandAloneBuild to build you installations, you should look for the file with needed string in [StandAloneBuild INSTALLDIR]

But be aware of the fact that LATERVERSIONINSTALLED string presents in each .ini file. So if your installation uses not only English, you should translate custom message and add it to all .ini files.
Also change in 0x.ini file will affect all installations that are made on machine where IS is installed (not only one product you want make change for)
0 Kudos
akshara
Level 5

Thanks for reply..i cld get it.
But i hav different problem now..while pressing the Yes from the above message, i want to remove the existing installation...How to achieve this?
0 Kudos
ElenaN
Level 6

Why don’t you just use Major upgrade? What for all this strange tricks with changing minor upgrade functionality? For me it sounds like you want to invent bicycle :confused:
0 Kudos