cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zbjiang
Level 2

problem about uninstall

I have installed my project select product to install,got the uninstall.dat(I call it uninstall_A.dat)

Now I install my project for another time in the same location as last time,and select product B to install, and got uninstall.dat(this file will override the first one and I call it uninstall_B.dat)

Now I run the uninstaller,only product B is uninstalled.if I replace uninstall_B.dat with uninstall_A.dat and run uninstall,the product A will be uninstalled but B will not be uninstalled.I want to uninstall 2 product at the same time,who can give me some suggestion about this ? thanks a lot!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

I'm confused!

When you say install one product and another product at a later time - are these separate features in the same installer and you are installing the features at different times? If that is the case - you shouldn't have to worry about anything!
0 Kudos
toogoodju
Level 4

You won't need to rename the uninstall.dat. When you reinstall your project and select a different feature to install, that information will be updated in the uninstall.dat rather than overwrite it.
0 Kudos