cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciberr_bob
Level 5

plz help me in using a vb script in basic msi project

hi all

very new to installsheild 5 days since i've been using the demo version installshield pro 2009

can any one help me with the following queries
i created a basic msi project and here now i want to call a vbscript which is installed as a part of the project

this vb script echoes "key found " if a specified key is present in registry and "key not found" if it doesn't exists.
this script works fine when executed independently.

in installshield
i selected custom action option for calling this vb script and selected the following
return processing : synchronous (Ignores exit code)
in script execution : deferred execution
install ui sequence : absent
install exec sequence : after insall files

the project executed with no errors
no msg box pops up indicatin wheter key is found or not..

is this a silent install wat has happend...if yes...how to get these msg boxes goin...

can anyone plz help me in using a vb script in basic msi project...thanks a ton in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

I'm not sure I understand your question. If it is how to get a message box to display in silent mode then the answer is, you can't. Silent mode is just that, silent. You will either need to use the Session.Message method or check the UILevel before displaying the message.

I personally prefer the session.message method, becuase it will not only display a message during a full user interface installation, but it will also write out to the log file if the user chose to turn on logging. Below is some sample code for displaying your message using this method:

Set hMsgRecord = Installer.CreateRecord(0)
hMsgRecord.StringData(0) = "Insert message here"
Session.Message &H03000000, hMsgRecord
Set hMsgRecord = nothing
0 Kudos
ciberr_bob
Level 5

hey thanks mate ...u actually got it right..thanks a lot
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thanks. For more message types do a search on "Message Method" in the InstallShield help.
0 Kudos