cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmetzler
Level 6

omit/disable feature?

One of the features that is being installed is a VistaGadget. There is a condition on the component so that it is not installed if (VersionNT=600 And WindowsBuild>=5600)

It would be better to disable the selection of this feature in the UI if the user is not running Vista. I have tried adding a condition to the VistaGadget feature for this, but am not sure about the condition level, which is currently set to 1.

Am I on the right track to be able to disable this feature? Is it a matter of getting the correct condition level set?

Thanks in advance,

Don Metzler
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Try setting a Feature Condition setting the Level to 0 (zero) and the condition VersionNT < 600. This makes that feature invisible and deselected if the condition (a pre-Vista OS) is true. So this Feature Condition, would have the feature be both visible and selectable (assuming the Display property is one of the Visible options) on Vista and Server 2008 systems.
0 Kudos
dmetzler
Level 6

DanGalender wrote:
Try setting a Feature Condition setting the Level to 0 (zero) and the condition VersionNT < 600. This makes that feature invisible and deselected if the condition (a pre-Vista OS) is true. So this Feature Condition, would have the feature be both visible and selectable (assuming the Display property is one of the Visible options) on Vista and Server 2008 systems.

This is great - exactly what I was looking to do.

Thanks!

Don
0 Kudos