cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awolf401
Level 4

.net framework 3.5 sp1 prereq

I need some help regarding a prereq for .netframework 3.5 sp1. The end result is installing the framework without a reboot and with as little user interaction as possible. The reboot will be performed at the end of the entire install.

Right now my prereq will detect and install properly and everything is fine. After it is installed a dialog comes up that askes about a reboot. When I click "No" the entire installation stops. I have to relauch the setup.exe to get the rest of the installation to happen.

To help with this I have included my prereq file that I have modified from the original, I hope this helps find a solution. I would be happy to answer any other questions that you may have.

Thank you in advanced
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Marsyas
Level 3

If you right click the prereq in InstallShield and select edit, you can change the behavior for this prereq. Select the behavior tab and set the second property "If the prereq appears to need a reboot" to "Note it, fail to resume if the machine is rebooted, and reboot after the installation" then it works fine. On my setup it is doing the reboot after the installation finished.

Btw, I had some problems with the dotnetfx35.exe and replaced it by a different one. Your .net installation is running without problems?

Marsyas
0 Kudos