cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHouz
Level 5

.net Framework Issues

I have always run a Dependencies Scan before a final build of an install package, and make sure everything is properly done.

I have an application that 1 year ago, I compiled in Express 2008. Sent the install to may users, worked fine.

.Net 3.0 is installed on my desktop.
.Net 3.0 is a prerequisite for the install I am building.

Now, I have upgraded to Express 2009. I just ran a Dependencies Scan on the exact same install that was fine in Express 2008, after I opened with Express 2009 and converted the package to Express 2009.

I now get many problems/dependencies that are .Net related. Files not found on my desktop, and a requirement for an Microsoft ATL Module.

I have .Net 3.0 installed on this box. There has been no change to this system I use in a year.

Why is Express 2009 acting very different than Express 2008 when it comes to Dependencies Scanning, and .Net.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TheHouz
Level 5

Is there any chance someone from Acresso can get me the answer to my question below please. I have 3 critical installs to build, and still do not have the below question answered.

TheHouz wrote:
I have always run a Dependencies Scan before a final build of an install package, and make sure everything is properly done.

I have an application that 1 year ago, I compiled in Express 2008. Sent the install to may users, worked fine.

.Net 3.0 is installed on my desktop.
.Net 3.0 is a prerequisite for the install I am building.

Now, I have upgraded to Express 2009. I just ran a Dependencies Scan on the exact same install that was fine in Express 2008, after I opened with Express 2009 and converted the package to Express 2009.

I now get many problems/dependencies that are .Net related. Files not found on my desktop, and a requirement for an Microsoft ATL Module.

I have .Net 3.0 installed on this box. There has been no change to this system I use in a year.

Why is Express 2009 acting very different than Express 2008 when it comes to Dependencies Scanning, and .Net.
0 Kudos
TheHouz
Level 5

I still need some input from Acresso on this.

Is this a known issue?
0 Kudos